There are 2 main reasons that I want to saturate my life with Christ this year. The first (and main) reason is that I want to have a closer walk and relationship with Christ. I want to learn to walk in His way, His truth and His life. I want to learn more about Him and who He is and how He loves. I want this relationship that I have with Him to become more real and personal than anything that I have experienced before now.
The second reason is that I want to experience transformation in my life. There are many parts of my life that, well, let’s just say need some improvement, and I have tried time and time again to make these improvements myself but I am not able to under my own power. I need the Holy Spirit to work in my life and transform me into who God wants me to be.
Whether you are focusing on joy, forgiveness or on saturating your life with Christ this year, you need to have a plan for doing that and that requires creating goals and objectives. I mean what good is saying that you are going to saturate your life with Christ if you do not know how you are going to make it happen. It is not going to just magically happen.
Trust me. If it was going to happen magically, I think that many of the things I have dreamed about would have happened long before now.
So working off of my word for the year, my verse for the year, and my mission statement, I sat down and worked out some goals for the year.
I started by writing down the roles that I have in life like follower of Christ, daughter, single, sister, aunt, granddaughter, caregiver, blogger, etc. And then I went on to set which of the roles have the greatest priority. Then I basically sat and dreamed for a while. I wrote down all the things that I desire to experience in those roles in the coming year.
I then took those dreams and turned them in to SMART goals. SMART goals are Specific, Measurable, Action-Oriented, Realistic, and Time-bound.
I have to be honest and say that turning many of my dreams into SMART goals was a little difficult. When I dream about my future, my dreams are not usually specific or measurable so turning them into SMART goals took a little extra work. I had to make myself take a closer look at those dreams and narrow them down to specifics instead of just looking at the big picture.
I also have to admit that a lot of my personal dreams have to do with roles I that I am wishing that I have in my life, and I have to take those dreams into consideration too as I set my goals for this coming year.
Here are a few of my goals for coming the year based on my current roles:
- Read through the Bible by December 31, 2014
- Memorize 52 passages of Scripture by December 31, 2014
- Create a place for a more focused prayer time & Bible study time by February 1, 2014.
- Create a Bible study journal to use for more in-depth studies by March 1, 2014.
- Create a Mission statement for the blog by January 1, 2014.
- Write a book or an ebook by July 1, 2014
- Create a monthly/weekly newsletter by March 1, 2014.
- Set yearly goals, monthly goals, & weekly goals for blog traffic by January 6, 2014
- Lose 100 pounds by December 31, 2014.
- Complete an ASL course by March 31, 2014.
- Create a list of new ways to get out of the house and meet new people by January 31, 2014. Then complete 52 items on that list by December 31, 2014.
- Read 104 NEW books by December 31, 2014
- Find and complete courses on herbal first aid & remedies by September 1, 2014.
I am still working on my list of goals for my life based on the roles that I wish were part of my life.
What are some of your goals for the coming year?