When I think of learning to prayer, the best place to start is with the Bible of course, but there are many other great books out there on the power of prayer and conversing with God.
To end this little series on prayer, I thought I would gather a list of some of my favorites and some that I want to read.
1) Praying God’s Word by Beth Moore
In Praying God’s Word, Beth Moore teaches us to overcome strongholds in our life through the power of prayer and more specifically through praying the Scriptures.
2) Handle with Prayer by Charles Stanley
In Handle with Prayer, Dr. Stanley teaches us the importance of prayer.
3) The Prayer of Jabez by Bruce Wilkinson
In The Prayer of Jabez, Bruce Wilkinson takes us through the prayer of Jabez found in 1 Chronicles 4:10.
4) The Power of a Praying Woman by Stormie Omartian
In The Power of a Praying Woman, Stormie Omartian teaches women to trust God with their deepest longings and cover every area of their life in prayer.
5) The 7-Day Prayer Warrior Experience by Stormie Omartian
The 7-Day Prayer Warrior Experience is a one-week devotional to aid us in putting on the whole armor of God.
6) Lord, Teach Me to Pray by Kay Arthur
In Lord, Teach Me to Pray, Kay Arthur uses the Lord’s prayer to teach us how to pray and have a more fulfilling prayer life.
7) The 30-Day Praise Experience by Becky Harling
In The 30 Day Praise Challenge, Becky Harling challenges us to spend 30 days in prayer and praise.
Books to Read
1) The Circle Maker by Mark Batterson
I have had this book for a while now, but I haven’t started reading it. In The Circle Maker, Mark Batterson teaches us a how to pray circles around our dreams and fears in order to live the life God has destined for us.
2) A Hunger for God: Desiring God through Fasting and Prayer by John Piper
In A Hunger for God, John Piper teaches us about the importance of fasting and prayer.
3) The Ultimate Conversation by Charles Stanley
4) Prayer Warrior by Stormie Omartian
In Prayer Warrior, Stormie Omartian teaches how to pray with strength and purpose.
5) The Power of Praying Through the Bible by Stormie Omartian
In The Power of Praying through the Bible, Stormie Omartian leads from Genesis to Revelation on journey to reveal how God designed prayer.
6) Anything by Jennie Allen
In Anything, Jennie Allen shares with us how her and her husband’s prayer, “God, we will do anything” lead them on a path to a thousand little deaths.