Ways to Bless our Mothers
I have been very blessed to have my mother. She is one of my best friends. She is a beautiful, wise, and godly woman. She loves the Lord and has raised me and my sister to love him too.
She is one of the biggest blessings in my life. She has always been here when I need her.
Whether she knows it or not, I thank the Lord everyday for her.
With Mother’s Day on Sunday, I have been thinking of ways that I can show my mother how much I appreciate her.
To steal a line from Disney’s Beauty and the Beast, there’s the usual…flowers, chocolates, promises you don’t intend to keep.
But in light of everything she does I think Mom needs a little pampering. This year I was planning on crocheting a stash basket for her. She received it a couple of weeks ago because I had also made one for the (in)RL conference that I was hosting and she won it as one of the door prizes.
Here are some other ways to bless our Mothers:
1) Get her a gift certificate to a spa or to have a mani/pedi.
2) Be creative. Make her something. I might be 38-years-old, but my mother still loves it when I make her things.
3) Write her a poem.
4) Make her a special dinner or take her out for dinner.
5) Plant a flower garden for her.
6) Get together with your siblings and do something big like sending Mom & Dad on vacation.
7) Put together a pampering basket. Buy some sweet smelling soap and bath salts, some pretty polish, and all the other fun stuff she needs to pamper herself at home.
8) Take some ceramic tiles and decoupage prints of family photos on them.
9) Create a cookbook for her using old family recipes.
10) Does she love to read like my mom does? Buy her copies of her favorite books.
11) Clean her house for her.
Go on. Let your mother know how special she is.