During the next 30 days, I am challenging you (and myself as well) to start on a journey, the road is not an easy one to take, but the journey is life changing and it is a journey that I hope we will continue throughout our lives.
The road that we are taking: Gratitude
What to pack for your journey:
- A willing heart
- Your Bible
- Index cards or journaling cards
- Bible Reading Plan (comes in 2 formats: full page or bookmark)
Optional things to take with you:
- Books on gratitude
- Choosing Gratitude by Nancy Leigh DeMoss (Our Bible reading plan comes from the 30-Day devotional that she has in the back of the book.)
- A Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
- Art supplies
- Scrapbooking supplies
- Inspiration list (like Ann Voskamp’s Joy Dare Collection or a photo bucket list)
I’m not an expert when it comes to living a life of gratitude. I’m far from it actually and that is why I’m doing this challenge. I need to learn to be more grateful for the gifts that the Lord has given me, to learn to recognize and use them for His glory, not for mine.
During the next 30 days, I will commit to:
- Studying what the Bible says about gratitude
- Journaling my own thoughts about gratitude
- Recording the people, places, things, and abilities that I am grateful for
- Memorizing a weekly Bible verse
Will commit to doing it with me?
If you will, download the Bible reading plan and leave a comment below. There won’t be any link parties or anything like that but you are welcome to leave links to your own stories about your journey in the comments section so that we can encourage each other on our journey.