If you have visited my blog before, then you know that I love to read. Up until last year it wasn’t unusual for me to finish 2 or 3 or more books in a week. Last year things changed though and I hardly picked up a book at all. This year though I’m determined to change that. I set a goal on Goodreads to read 75 books. I’m a little behind schedule for that many books, but if I make reading a priority it probably won’t take me long to catch up.
I know it is a little late, but here is a partial list of the books I want to read for 2016.
- Madeline L’Engle books
Surprisingly, I hadn’t heard of Madeline L’Engle until about 3 years ago, but in the past three years I have become increasingly curious about her and her books so they are definitely making their way onto my “want to read” list for this year.
- Anne of Green Gables series ( L.M. Montgomery)(reread)
Who doesn’t love Anne with her sass and her bravery? I have read the series several times already, but it has been a few years so I’m thinking that now is a good time to read them again.
- Walden (Henry David Thoreau) (reread)
I started reading Walden last year. I got about half way through it and didn’t finish it. This year though I will definitely finish it.
- The Moonlit Garden (Corina Bomann)
When I read the summary of the book, it intrigued me. It is about a woman who inherits a violin and her adventures in her search to find out the history of the violin.
- The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry: A Novel (Gabrielle Zevin)
I have seen this recommended by several people. When I read the summary, I could see why.
- When I Found You (Catherine Ryan Hyde)
I have loved every book that I have read by Catherin Ryan Hyde. She is a remarkable storyteller. Her books have moved me so whenever I see a book by her that I haven’t read yet, it makes its way on to my “want to read” list.
- Te Wedding Dress (Rachel Hauck)
The leading lady in this book is starting to wonder if her fiancé is really the right man for her when she finally finds her perfect wedding dress. It is a vintage wedding dress and it takes her on an adventure as she learns the history of the dress and the women who wore it before her.
- Unfinished Business (Nora Roberts)
I’m a big Nora Roberts fan so like Catherine Ryan Hyde’s books any time I come across one of her books that I haven’t read or heard of they make it onto my “want to read” list.
- Summer Desserts (Nora Roberts)
- Lessons Learned (Nora Roberts)
This list of non-fiction books are a combination of books that I have been wanting to read for a while and a few that are coming out this year that I am looking forward to reading because I have read other books by the authors.
- The Fringe Hours (Jessica Turner)
- AHA: Awakening Honesty Action (Kyle Idleman)
- Women of the Word: How to Study the Bible with Both Our Hearts and Our Minds (Jen Wilkin)
- Fervent: A Woman’s Battle Plan to Serious, Specific and Strategic Prayer (Priscilla Shirer)
- Looking for Lovely: Collecting the Moments that Matter (Annie F. Downs) (release date: April 5, 2016 ) (available for pre-order go to lookingforlovelybook.com)
- The Broken Way (Ann Voskamp) (Release date: September 6, 2016) (on my birthday –would make a good presentJ)
- Uninvited: Living Loved When You Feel Less Than, Left Out and Lonely (Lysa Terkeurst) (release date:? )
- The Renewing of the Mind Project (Barb Raveling)
- The Highly Sensitive Person (Elaine N. Aron, M.D.)
- A Life That Says Welcome (Karen Ehman)
- You Are a Writer (Jeff Goins)
- Walk Strong, Look Up (Chantel Hobbs)
(Otherwise known as the started but haven’t finished list…I was rather bad last year about starting books and not finishing them. It had nothing to do with the quality of the book. It was just me being totally obsessed with Korean dramas. They replaced reading.)
- A Love Worth Giving (Max Lucado)
- Thin Within (Judy Halliday, R.N. & Arthur Halliday, M.D.)
- Become Your Own Matchmaker: 8 Easy Steps for Attracting Your Perfect Mate (Pattie Stanger)
- Body by God (Dr. Ben Lerner)
- Hands Free Life: 9 Habits to Overcoming Distraction, Living Better, & Loving More (Rachel Macy Stafford)
- Start (Jon Acuff)
- Own Your Life (Sally Clarkson)
- Make It Happen (Lara Casey)
- Choosing Gratitude (Nancy Leigh DeMoss)
- Writing in the Margins (Lisa Nichols Hickman)
- The Artisan Soul (Erwin Raphael McManus)